Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Fitting In

When you are a Military Wife, you have many challenges. Those include things like long spaces of time where your significant other isn't around, when you have to be two some times three people at once, and when you have to wear so many different hats you forget who you truly are within. Add to this, the struggle to "fit in" and you have a recipe for confusion.

This special talent is only left to those of us who have never conformed to "societies" definition of a proper person. Now, normally, this would be a wonderful thing because so many people preach that you should never be like someone else. Everyone struggles to be "different" but at the end of the day they still conform to "fit in".  I should state here, I am in no way bad mouthing conformist or saying that there is something significantly wrong with them. Conformity is apart of life and is what makes a society. It just makes life hard for those who aren't the "norm" and they try to find a place in this world.

This was brought to my attention after seeing some friends hanging outside in the parking lot of my townhouses. I consider both of them friends but I am never asked to join them and I felt hurt. I started to get mad and then realized something. I have good friends, as they appear to be, and even though none of them are very close, I know that they will always be there for me.

So why am I hurt that I am not invited to chat and talk every day with the two woman near me? I don't know. I am sure as I continue through school I will be able to answer it but for now, its one of those life mysteries that makes life great :)


No comments:

Post a Comment